Prepare to tantalized your taste buds with this Healthy Granola recipe. Packed with fibre, protein and healthy fats, it is sure to become a new favourite. Can be eaten as a breakfast cereal or used in a yogurt parfait. The options are truly endless.
The base of this recipe calls for gluten free oats, which are an amazing complex carbohydrate. Since it takes longer to digest, it prevents insulin levels from spiking. The cinnamon is a natural thermogenic promoting fat loss as well as effective at stabilizing blood sugar. The variety of seeds and nuts are an excellent source of omega 3s, minerals and protein. You can choose to add raisins, dried fruit or other nuts/seeds as this recipe is very forgiving.
Makes between 8-10 servings.
2 cups gluten free oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw and unsalted
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
4 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened and sulphite free
4 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup)
1 tbsp organic peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 c slivered almonds
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, with the exception of the coconut.
3. Lay out oat mixture on baking sheet evenly and bake for 7 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and turn over oat mixture with spatula. Sprinkle with coconut shreds and bake for an additional 7 minutes or until granola is a golden colour.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Can store in an airtight container for up to 7 days at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe? Tag @monikaeeva on Instagram or use the hashtag #MondaysWithMonika